By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Money Back Guarantee
2.1) 7 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
The 7 day money back guarantee is only valid on purchases made prior to June 1st, 2020. You are required to contact us before exams, if you feel that the course will not improve your marks. We operate a fair use refund policy: This means we reserve the right not to refund the course if we feel you are taking advantage of the refund policy. Examples of taking advantage of the refund policy include, but are not limited to:
- Using premium services such as tutor lessons: Some of our premium services include tutoring lessons. As we have to pay the tutor for this time, it’s not fair to expect us to refund you if you have used these services. If only a proportion has been used then we would work out a fair proportion to refund.
- Waiting too long to advise us of a refund, if you are in any way unhappy with the course please contact us immediately so we can take action to correct it.
- Not contacting us before exams if you are unhappy with the course.
- Using the course to study for exams and then requesting refund around the time of your exam.
- Using a significant proportion of the course before asking for a refund. We believe that you should be able to decide whether the course is working for you or not before you have almost completed the course. If the course is not working for you, we encourage you to stop using it and ask for a refund before you get more than 25% of the way through. Students who have completed more of the course than this are not eligible for a refund.
- Connecting to the Tailored Tutors Academy using a VPN may affect our analytics on video viewing data, and as a result will void any claim to a MBG as we will not be able to accurately determine the percentage of video content that has been viewed.
- Any indications of copyright abuse or “competitor shopping”.
- Sharing privately issued coupon codes to others.
- Minor missing content and / or errors. We do our best to make sure that the course is as complete and accurate as possible but no one can guarantee perfection. If you believe that there are significant omissions and errors then please advise us in the first instance and give us a chance to fix it.
- Not doing the work. The course does not download the information into a user’s brain – they have to use the lessons and make notes like we suggest. Paying for the course is one way we encourage students to actually use the course. Because, if students get it for free they will be less likely to “do the work”. Not doing enough work is evidence of students not even trying. We encourage users to try a minimum of 15% of the lessons with high quality notes before they can make an informed decision.
- A user’s own technical difficulties.
- User excuses: “Not having enough time” etc. is not an excuse that will get you a good grade and it’s not an excuse that carries water with us either. If there is a tragedy that is out of your control such a death in the family, major sickness, major accident we will of course send you our best wishes and refund you.
- Language difficulties: in order to benefit from the course it is expected that users have a strong grasp of the English language.
- Falsified information: if a user provides invalid information upon enrolment, such as email address, name, year of study, or exam board they do not qualify for the money back guarantee.
- When a student skips ahead in the videos, take notes or screen shots, but does not actually hit play, our system records it. Every time a student does this, it will be considered a ‘video watch’ and will be added to the percentage that they have completed.
- Students who enrol in the course, binge watch tutorials, and then request a refund right before exams or during exam time are not eligible for a refund.
- If a student purchases the course, watches as many videos as possible prior to an exam, and then requests a refund – they will not be eligible. This would be considered ‘taking advantage’ of our money back guarantee.
2.2) Money Back Guarantee During Exams
- The money back guarantee does NOT apply during exams.
- Students who choose to enrol in the course so close to exams may not have enough time to complete the course, and we can not be held responsible for students who have not designated the proper amount of time to revise.
- The Free Trial gives a very clear indication of the type of tutorials, as well as the amount of tutorials, which will ensure that students have enough information to make an informed decision before they purchase the course.
3. Improve A Grade or Get Your Money Back
- Students are required to submit the Money Back Guarantee opt-in form within two weeks of their initial enrollment.
- With the cancellation of UK exams due to COVID-19, we will be looking at the MBG submissions on a case-by-case basis.
- Students must provide valid credentials upon initial enrolment, including name, email, year of study and exam board.
- The Money Back Guarantee applies to the Ultimate Guide only.
- The Money Back Guarantee applies only to the AQA, OCR (A), and Edexcel (A) exam boards.
- Students must be fluent in the English language and not struggle with the comprehension of relevant language.
- Students must submit the Money Back Guarantee Opt In form upon initial enrolment, within 14 days of signing up to the Ultimate Guide. This is so that we can asses a students grade before using our support. If you cancel your subscription, and sign up again in the future, you will not be able fill in the Money Back Guarantee Opt In form again.
- To asses a students grade upon starting the course we require a teacher’s written assessment or an uploaded copy of a recent marked exam or paper. Please include at least 10 pages of your marked exam paper. Accepted examples are available in the Money Back Guarantee course.
- Students must complete at least 90% of the Content Guide course. Our programme doesn’t work if students don’t use it.
- Connecting to the Tailored Tutors Academy using a VPN may affect our analytics on video viewing data and as a result will void any claim to a MBG, as we will not be able to accurately determine if 90% of the video content has been watched or not.
- The Money Back Guarantee only applies to relevant subscription packages purchased before June 1st. We do not guarantee improvement to students who use our materials to ‘cram’ before an exam. (In 2020 due to COVID-19 students must be subscribed for at least 5 weeks before their final exam)
- Students must subscribe to the course until exams. If the subscription is cancelled before that, the Money Back Guarantee no longer applies.
- Students who are eligible for SEN support, and would like to opt in to the money back guarantee, must notify us upon enrolment so that we can asses the need for additional tutorial support through our system. Notification is optional, but required for the Money Back Guarantee.
- If you are currently an A* level student you cannot improve by a grade but we will give you a refund if you do not achieve an A* in your national exams.
- In order to claim the MBG, you must fill out the MBG Request Form. We’ll check how much of the course you completed (we get all the usage data) and compare your starting grade (submitted when you completed the Money Back Guarantee Opt In form) against your finishing grade. If you didn’t improve then we’ll send you a full refund.
- This offer does not apply to the Free Trial or to any tutorials completed during the Free Trial. Any videos watched during the Free Trial do not count towards your course completion rate because it’s a separate course.
- We are very clear about our MBG rules and regulations, and make the information readily available. Failure to read the terms and conditions, the Money Back Guarantee Information page, or the email sent out upon enrolment will not be accepted as a viable excuse for non-compliance.
- Students are not required to complete the Opt-In for the Money Back Guarantee if they choose not to, however choosing not to complete the Money Back Guarantee Opt In form voids any claim for a refund.
- Students who opt out of emails or request account deletion may experience disruption in our Money Back Guarantee service. Students are responsible for submitting their proof of grade to us directly within two weeks of enrolment in order to qualify for the Money Back Guarantee. If you opt in to the Money Back Guarantee, you agree to receive emails from us regarding your eligibility. If students fail to submit proof of grade upon enrolment or proof of final grade before the deadline, they do not qualify for the Money Back Guarantee.
- Our refund review process will begin on September 1st and submissions must be received by September 30th. All refunds will be processed by October 31st. (These dates will be adjusted in 2020 due to COVID-19)
- Subscriptions are on-going, and students may cancel at any time.
- Cancellation – if you would like to end your subscription, simply complete the following steps:
1) Log in to the academy
2) Edit your profile
3) Manage your subscriptions
4) Cancel your subscription
- After the final A-level exam of the year you will need to cancel your subscription, as we have no way of knowing whether or not you still require the service.
- The e-mail address that you enroll in the course with will be our primary source of contact with you.
- Live sessions are a bonus add-on, and may be cancelled at any point. The cancellation of a live class does not warrant a refund.
- When posting comments, please read the other questions first – your question might have already been answered.
- Comments will be made visible once the tutor has approved, and responded to your inquiry.
- If you are referring to a specific point in the video, give the time stamp. e.g. 06:35.
- Try to give your understanding of the situation first so the tutor has the best idea of how to help you. For example, uploading a photo of your work so far.
- Whilst we are always willing to support you in your studies, we do have a “fair use” policy. This equates to approx 100 comments, per subject, per month. (This allows for, on average, 3 per subject, per day.) If
this is exceeded we cannot guarantee your comment will be answered.
6. Use License
- All materials are copyright Tailored Tutors.
- The courses and materials are exclusively for the use of individual students studying for their exams. If you are a teacher, tutor, organisation or charity you must make Tailored Tutors aware of this when you enrol as there to avoid copyright infringement.
- Permission is granted to view the materials for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any content contained on Tailored Tutors’ web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Tailored Tutors at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Login details and accounts may not be shared with other students. The site tracks users IP address and alerts us when unusual sign in activity occurs.
- The materials on Tailored Tutors’ web site are provided ‘as is’. Tailored Tutors’ makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Tailored Tutors does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Tailored Tutors or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Tailored Tutors’ Internet site, even if Tailored Tutors or a Tailored Tutors authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
9. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Tailored Tutors’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Tailored Tutors does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Tailored Tutors may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Tailored Tutors does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Tailored Tutors has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Tailored Tutors of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Protecting your rights and privacy is incredibly important to us, so we want to take a moment to inform you of your rights and our updated privacy policies, effective May 25th, 2018 — in no uncertain terms.
Here is what is not changing:
- Tailored Tutors takes great care with our client data, like names, emails, payment information, grades and email addresses. This information has always been protected by us, and is not available to any outside entities. We use these identifying details to create accounts and manage student purchases.
- Tailored Tutors is fully transparent about the data that it collects on our students.
- The information that we collect, is the information that you provide to us upon enrolment, that directly relates to our service. This includes: payment details, name, email, location, year of study,exam board, subject of study and subject of study. Should you provide any other information to us when signing up for services, such as school name or friend referrals, then you are actively providing us with personal information, and give consent for us to keep this information on file until you request for it to be removed.
- Our online academy also collects data on how much of our videos you watch, and produces a report on your percentage of completion (this allows us to offer our money back guarantee). We can not exclude this data from our service, since it is part of our service. By using our academy, you agree to have information on your IP Address, number of log ins, course completion rates, payment schedule and purchases kept on file.
- Lastly, due to the sheer volume of students in our academy, we manage our students in a CRM called Active Campaign, and use a combination of direct and automatic communications through gmail and Active Campaign. When you sign up for a course in our academy (academy.tailoredtutors.co.uk) you are added to our CRM along with the following details: name, email address, enrolled course, date of enrolment, and cost of purchase. We do require that you tell us your year of study and exam board so that we can provide our service to you, and this information is requested in a form that you will complete directly after enrolment.
When entered into our CRM you will not enter into an email automation unless you expressly opt in. If you choose to opt in, you have the ability to opt out at any time. You are given this opt out information upon enrolment, and in all automatic correspondence.If at any point you wish to be deleted from our CRM, you simply need to fill out the form on our Information & Privacy page.
- We use third party providers (like google analytics and facebook analytics) to give us anonymous insights on how our websites perform, and how students interact with our content, in order to improve our services. By using our services you agree to have anonymous data collected via google and facebook, as well as their associated sister companies (Instagram and Youtube).
Here is what IS Changing:
- We have made it much easier for you to manage your own privacy and information. These options have always been available, we’ve just made the process more user friendly:
- You have the right to request any information that we keep on your account, including information in our CRM (Active Campaign), our Academy (Teachable) or our secure payment gateway (Stripe). This service is now automated, and will be emailed directly to your email address should you fill out our request form. Please note that we will not release high security information to you in an email. You will need to contact us directly and corroborate your identity over the phone. To request this information simply fill out the form on our Information & Privacy page.
- You have the right to request that we delete your account information from our CRM at any time. Please note that the deletion of your account from our CRM will cause disruption to your services with us. Some of our services operate through our CRM (ie. web class registration, money back guarantee reminders, etc.), and if you remove your account you will not receive these services.
- You have the right to request that we delete all of your accounts with us. If we delete all of your accounts (Teachable and Active Campaign), then you will lose access to all of the products that you have ever purchased from us.
- We have made it much easier for you to manage your own privacy and information. These options have always been available, we’ve just made the process more user friendly:
Please note that our automated system is highly functional. However, if there is a technical issue or delivery issue, and we do not receive your request, it is your responsibility to follow up with us within 14 business days. Once contacted, we will include your request and process it as soon as possible.
If you continue to use our services as of May 25th, 2018 it means that you agree to these new terms.
13. Media Submissions
If you are submitting photo or video footage of yourself to Tailored Tutors to enter a competitions e.g. Results Day Competition then you accept that Tailored Tutors can use this media as promotion material on their website and social media channels.
By submitting media to Tailored Tutors you enter into the following agreement (“Agreement”) with Tailored Tutors (the “Producer”).
Here you are informed that Producer is capturing media and that your name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and/or performance is being digitally documented and made part of the media in which you appear (“Product”).
- You grant Producer and its designees the right to use the Product in any format, now known or later developed. You grant, without limitation, the right to edit, mix or duplicate and use or re-use Product in whole or in parts as Producer may elect. Producer or its designees have complete ownership of the Product, including copyright interests.
- You grant Producer and its designees the right to broadcast, exhibit, market and otherwise distribute the Product, in whole or in parts, and alone or with other products, for any purpose Producer or its designees determine. This grant includes the right to use Product for promoting or publicising starting on this day signed and dated for the next 4 years.
- You have the right to enter into Agreement and are not restricted by commitments to third parties.
- Producer has no financial commitment or obligations to you as a result of Agreement unless otherwise stated in the published entry conditions.
- Producer acknowledges that no content captured by Producer and its designees will be exposed to unlawful practises on any media.
- Producer will represent your likeness in a professional and positive manner, upholding the integrity of your character and reputation at all times.
- You acknowledge and understand that Producer cannot control the behaviour of other persons on the internet. You also understand that Producer cannot prevent yourself from being exposed to hostile, rude, nasty, defamatory or unfavourable comments, cyberbullying, trolling, harassment or other online behaviour that may have a negative impact on you. You accept that Producer is not liable for any negative consequences you may experience as a result of the behaviour of other persons related to your online presence and/or the Product. Examples of such negative experiences are physical and mental health issues.
- You grant permission, or have permission from your guardian, to take part in the filming and photography associated with the Producer’s Product.
14. Affiliate Relationships
If you would like to become an affiliate for Tailored Tutors please contact us.
- As standard affiliate coupons are valid until the end of the academic year (July 31st) in which they are issued.
- It is the responsibility of the affiliate to contact Tailored Tutors if they wish to continue a working relationship with Tailored Tutors beyond their first academic year as an affiliate.
- All affiliate sales must use the unique affiliate coupon to be counted towards the affiliate annual total.
- Tailored Tutors agrees to pay £5 per new (paid) subscriber joining Tailored Tutors in the same academic year that the coupon is created. It is not the responsibility of Tailored Tutors to pay affiliates for sales associated with affiliate coupons beyond the academic year in which their coupon is made (unless a new arrangement has been agreed to by both parties).
- Tailored Tutors may change the affiliate reward policy at the end of the academic year.
- Tailored Tutors will assume the responsibility for tracking all the sales and refunds associated with affiliate coupons.
- Tailored Tutors will calculate the annual affiliate payout value after all refunds for the academic year have been processed (October 31st – closing date of the Improve A Grade Money Back Guarantee).